Thursday, February 15, 2007

NAM-MYOHO-RENGE-KYO


I just received some news that alters some plans, no big deal really, but it instantly changed my OK mood today into one of sullen darkness. When I have an idea in my mind of how things are going to go – they should go that way! I hate alterations in plans – especially when the other person was the one who insisted on painstakingly planning every moment of our trip. Now I am arriving alone – again no big deal. I have taken a ferry from Africa to Europe alone; slept in Italian overnight trains alone; strolled the streets of Paris alone and yet I was not supposed to arrive in LA alone! AAhhhrrggghhhh!

That is okay, said person may still make it and will meet me there. I will kill it with my friends with whom we are staying and have a fabulous time. But probably end up paying an arm and a leg for a taxi – alone. Petty thoughts really…in the grand scheme of things I am still going on a mini-break as Bridget would say…and that is all good.

It is time to go home and practice my chanting – NAM-MYOHO-RENGE-KYO. Yes, the Buddhist phrase that is the answer to all things. Better get back to reading about Nichiren Daishonin and his practice. That will calm my irrational thoughts…yes, I am a sometimes practicing Buddhist – and lately I have gone back to chanting. Chanting is good. Must chant now…

1 comment:

Henry Leong said...

Interesting story!
http://gakkai-experiences.blogspot.com/