Tuesday, February 20, 2007

resto review

In case anyone is actually following my sometimes topical, sometimes stream of consciousness banter...I thought I would follow-up on a few promises:

First - a review of Crave Restaurant - Well we were there on Valentines night, and while the teeny tiny bar was packed on arrival, it was by no means couple-full - more groups like us.
(I was there first, after 20 minutes of trying to find parking - fyi - east side of Main Street there is under construction so no parking there...although my friends seem to have found parking very near no problem) I engaged in chit-chat with a lady who was taking herself out for a VD drink...and we were seated 20 minutes or so after our scheduled time - no problem as by that time the bar had cleared and we were content to catch up with our own chit-chat.
Shared appetizers of nachos and a tempura tuna roll - if I could have all my sushi deep-fried from now on - please and thank-you. The nachos were good, but not mouth-wateringly great. Then, still not content to limit myself to one entree - I shared the buttermilk chicken cobb salad and the ribs and fries with the birthday girl. Gotta say -both were great - especially the meat portions - and because I am definitely a 'salty' over 'sweet' anyday kind of girl - these were particularly satisfying. This was all accompanied by 2 bottles of Dragonfly? Dragonbull??? a very reasonably priced Australian Zin - which I will definitley look out for on our liquor store shelves in the future. Great pairing with our entree choices - full-bodied but not overwhelming...very heavy yet silky on the tongue with absolutely no aftertaste!
And the fact that I mention our waitress at the end is due to the fact that she was everything a waitress should be - attentive without being obtrusive; knowledgeable without being know-it-all and efficient without being crass - no one likes their plate cleared before they're done;-)
This was finished by some cupcakes we smuggled in - a Beaver Birthday tradition...and we waved goodbye with a rousing chorus of thank you's to the chef, Wayne Martin. Ushered out into the cold rainy night - full and sated - Happy Valentines Day indeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.